Sunday, July 19, 2009

Your Name

Miah,
You are still growing in Mommy's tummy. You kick around tons, and you have a very unique personality already. We are very excited to see you when you are born; we know you will be very beautiful. The doctors have told us that your body is sick, and that you won't be able to stay with our family for very long. For this reason, we would like to write down some of the thoughts and special stories you would have heard growing-up.
First, I want you to understand what your name means and why we picked it especially for you. We have named you Miah Rachel Wilde.
MIAH comes from the book of Jeremiah of the old testament. In the fifth verse of the first chapter we read about how Heavenly Father tells the prophet that he has a great purpose, and that no mistakes are made. He says, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee...". I believe that Heavenly Father has a special plan for you, and that you are in no way a mistake. I know that you have a unique and individual spirit that has been alive for a very long time, and that your spiritual life will never end. You will not get to keep your body for very long but, someday, you will get a perfect one that can never get sick or stop working. It will last forever.
RACHEL is a name that also belongs to someone in the Old Testament. She was a beautiful girl who was loved very, very much. Her husband worked for her daddy for 14 years just so he could marry her, and have her in his family forever. I will only carry you in my tummy for 9 months, but I will work to be worthy of you for the rest of my life. Just as Jacob had to wait a long time to be with his beloved Rachel, our family will wait to be with you in Heaven.
WILDE. I took a long time picking out this name for you; it is the most important one of all. This name means that you have a daddy who loves you just as much as I do. He's the kind of daddy who prayed on his knees with me, and asked Heavenly Father to send you to us. He is the kind of daddy who doesn't feel silly dancing with his babies, or singing, or playing horsie. He makes sure that your mommy feels pretty and smart, which means that he will make sure his daughters feel the same way. He is the kind of daddy you can be very proud of forever, and he has given his daughters a name that, when the time comes, should only ever be replaced by a name that meets those same standards.

2 comments:

  1. oh my. this is beautiful.
    bless you.

    now...running to get tissues....

    xoxo MMW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that she is an amazing little girl, who will be just as blessed to enter into your family as you feel each of you are to have her.

    I love you guys so much!
    T

    ReplyDelete